Perfect Form, Inc. - Shotokan DVD's and Books
Only $89 (£64)
About the Essential Shotokan
Companion DVD Workbook
The Essential Shotokan DVD Series
and Companion Workbook is unique.
No martial arts library would be
complete without it!
The Essential Shotokan series is designed for use by beginning through advance practitioners, and for any instructor who wants access to a useful teaching and class-planning tool. Each volume combines three camera, crystal-clear, digitally mastered video to create a training and teaching tool like no other.
||Essential Shotokan Volume 1:
Principles of Body Dynamics and Stances,
The DVD and Companion Workbook Set approx. 43 minutes
- Volume 1: Principles of Body Dynamics and Stances is a DVD and Workbook combination. The workbook contains all the dialog, information, and demonstrations contained on the DVD! Additionally, this unique workbook is enhanced throughout with special attention given to details and special "insights" not found on the DVD!
- Clearly demonstrates and teaches how the core principles of shotokan karate: focus, body dynamics, stance, breathing, posture, and timing, relate to the application of each and every basic karate technique.
- Illustrates key points, common errors and specific training methods for the development and use of each stance.
- Concludes each teaching sequence with a review and close-up of each stance in actual application.
Outline of Volume 1 - PDF
Sample of Volume 1 Workbook - PDF
||Essential Shotokan Volume 2:
Punching and Blocking approx. 78 minutes
- Teaches the relationship of timing and distance to the application of Punching and Blocking techniques. Punching (tuski) is Shotokans most versatile and frequently used technique. Blocking (uki), both hard and soft, is the karate-kas first line of defense, when caught be surprise, or when fighting a more skilled opponent.
- Illustrates the key points and common mistakes associated with each punch and block.
- Demonstrates numerous, separate, beginner, intermediate and advanced level applications and training methods for each punch and block.
Outline of Volume 2 - PDF
Essential Shotokan Volume 3:
Kicking and Striking approx. 83 minutes
- Teaches the relationship of timing and distance to the application of Kicking and Striking techniques. Kicking (geri) increases distance and opportunity it is fast, powerful, and effective against a wide range of targets. Striking (uchi) is used with the open and closed hand, and with the elbow it is quick, strong, and surprising.
- Shows the key points and common mistakes associated with each kick and strike.
- Demonstrates numerous, separate, beginner, intermediate and advanced level applications and training methods for each kick and strike.
Outline of Volume 3 - PDF